In order to help you protect your wallet against any kind of fraud and hacking incidents, MetaMask allows you to encrypt your wallet with a MetaMask sign in password. This password helps you to access your wallet as and when you need to. This wallet password is created at the time you first set up your wallet or at the time you import or set up your wallet. It is pretty easy to complete the MetaMask sign in process if you have the correct password with you.
But, sometimes, what happens is that you are not given wallet access despite entering the correct wallet password. So, what do you think you are going to do in that scenario? Well, if you are trying to access your wallet and you are repeatedly seeing an error saying that MetaMask sign in request is denied, then you need to take some actions on your own so that you can get rid of this issue at the earliest.
However, if you are someone who is trying to use MetaMask on a new device, then you should first take a look at the steps that you need to follow to download or install MetaMask.
Steps to download and install MetaMask on a new device
If you have already installed the MetaMask wallet on your device and only came here looking for the remedies to get rid of MetaMask sign in issues, then you can jump to the next section directly:
- Begin by navigating to the official website of MetaMask
- After that, you must choose the "Download" button present there
- Choose which browser you wish to install MetaMask
- On the current screen, you can choose "Install MetaMask for Chrome" (for example)
- Then, choose "Add to Chrome" and "Add extension" option to complete the process
This way you can easily download MetaMask and install it on your device.
Solutions to fix MetaMask sign in denied error
Given below are the solutions that you must apply if you wish to eliminate any issues that are resulting in the MetaMask sign in request denied error:
- Restart: This is the key to eliminating some of the commonly faced issues with the MetaMask. Restart your browser, your device, or the internet connection to fix this issue.
- Install MetaMask again: Go to the extensions section on your browser, take the required steps to remove MetaMask, and then install the wallet extension once again.
- Recheck the credentials: If you are entering the MetaMask sign in password in haste, then you should enter the wallet password very carefully without making any hurry.
- Check MetaMask status: Confirm if MetaMask is down. Well, you can certainly do that by navigating to their official website and checking any information about the same.
- Search community forums: Well, MetaMask community forums have answers to all those queries that you may not find elsewhere. So, navigate to the community platform and look for the relevant solutions.
- Switch to another device: If you're still facing the same issue or seeing the MetaMask sign in request denied error, then you can use another device to access your wallet.
Today, through this exclusive article, we tried shedding some light on fixing the MetaMask Login denied error. I hope this article resolved your concerns and now you can easily access your wallet. If you are still coming across issues, you must import your wallet on a new device using the wallet's Secret Recovery Phrase. However, make sure that you understand the importance of safeguarding this SRP.